Alarm System & Components: Need To Knows
Alarm Companies & Their Businesses: Need To Knows
- Learn about the several Types of Alarm Systems available in the market.
- Choose whether you want a wired one or a wireless system.
- Decide which one is perfect for your home or your office.
- Also choose the alarm system according to your accommodation or business type.
- Choose the add-ons you would like to be added to your alarm system.
- Some components like Door & Window Contacts, Glass Break Sensors etc. come with the system and hence, need to be added as an extra.
- Ask in detail about the particular type of alarm system that you are choosing.
- It is better for you to avoid motion detectors if you have pets.
- Try to know how you can add a motion detector even when you have a pet.
- You need to know whether the system is battery operated or electrically.
- You also need to know how your system can be operated by battery in case of a power failure.
- Ask if the system has time delay option in case you need to deactivate it for stopping a false alarm.
- Also, check out the strength of the siren in the system and the wires if they are protected properly.
Alarm Companies Registrations: Need To Knows
- Enquire if this company runs the business locally or not.
- Get details about the services they provide like whether you will get the services all round the time.
- Ask how effective their services are in case of an emergency.
- Get details about the central monitoring station, its location, whether calls are being answered properly or not and information like this.
- Another important point that you should ask is if the alarm company can work with your insurance provider for lesser rates.
- Enquire about the expiry period of the contract if there is any.
- Try to know in detail if there would be any difference in services charges and contract after the expiry period.
- In connection, know also about the contract renewal process, charges and time period.
- Know in detail about the warranty and what it covers.
- Make sure you get everything in written form when you are finalizing the deal with the alarm company.
- Try to know if there are real persons assisting in the central monitoring station or just a tape recorder.
- Try and get as much references as you can get about the company that you are choosing to finalize the deal with.
Prices & Other Tidbits: Need To Knows
- You should always try to know about the registration of the company with BBB and National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association.
- In connection, also try to know if they have any disputes or complaints that are filed with the BBB.
- A good alarm company should also have registration with Underwriters Laboratory which means that the system they will be providing you will be of very high standard.
- About the authenticity of an alarm company you can also recheck with the Attorney General’s office in case you have got a good deal with some alarm company.
- Get information about the set up cost according to the size of your home or office.
- Ask the company to send some representative to examine your home or office by person and give you the exact estimate and not through phone exclusively.
- Ask about the cost of the dual sensor system and the pet alleys in case you have pets.
- Try to get a comprehensive idea about the cost of several add-ons which you may add now or consider adding later.
- There will be some monthly charges for entire system as well as for the monitoring services. Get details about these and see whether you have to pay monthly or you can pay annually.
- For getting the permits from the local police station and the electrical department, you have to pay some charges. Get to know about these also.
- While purchasing an alarm system you should always go for the authentic companies and try to avoid the dealings with the trunk slammers.
- Trunk slammers or those typical door-to-door sellers offer you the cheapest price and sometimes free system for a longer contract period. Don’t fall for that.
- Steer clear of the dealing with the trunk slammers as they will not offer you further services in case of an emergency or any dispute.